We want everyone at HCBC to be part of this historic time in the life of our church, and to see God use you in ways that you never dreamed possible.
- Ask God to show me what he would have me give to One Mission, over and above my regular giving.
- Expect God to do something through me beyond what I think is possible.
- Follow through on what God tells me to do, including being willing to sacrifice if that is His will.
- Talk with God about your personal commitment. Ask that His will be done in your life.
- Define what sacrifice looks like for you. Consider what changes you can make in your life that will enable you to invest in what you care about.
- Our sacrifices, not our gifts, should be equal. Each of us can meaningfully invest in proportion to the resources God has given us.
- Prayerfully create a personal giving plan based on what God said to you that goes above and beyond your regular giving.
If you’d like some Bible passages and questions for reflection for your daily prayer time, download this Prayer Guide.
- Be sure to involve your spouse (if married) and children. If single, conference with a friend or accountability partner.
- Set aside an appointed time for the conference in advance.
- Ask family members in advance of the conference to think about potential sacrifices that God is asking them to make in order to contribute to One Mission.
- During the conference, look up some Scriptures and discuss what they say about giving. Some suggestions: Matthew 6:19-21; 1 Timothy 6:17-19; 2 Corinthians 9:6-12.
- Ask family members to share what they or the family could sacrifice in order to give to God through One Mission over the next 18 months. List all the ideas proposed and discuss how to follow through.
- Decide what you will give and spend time praying over your commitment. Ask God to provide for your needs as you step out in faith, and for joy as you give generously back to Him.